I hope every one that was able to attended the Draper Temple Dedication the past few days. Our stake was assigned for Sunday night at 4:30. I was really glad that we had the opportunity to attend. I love the Temple and I know that it is the House of the Lord! The Spirit was so strong, it was wonderful.
On a similar note Ryan and I have been called to our stake Temple committee for the Oquirrh (not sure how to spell that!) Mountain Temple open house. They have a couple called from each ward in our stake that is over one aspect of the open house such as Hospitality, Ushers, Technology etc. We were asked to be in charge of Parking and Transportation for our stake. It is going to be a huge amount of work but we are excited to be a part of it (and kind of stressed out about it!) I think we will feel better once we have a committee formed to help us carry the load! We are responsible for directing all of the parking for six days throughout the open house. That means 46 people per day we are assigned in May and 96 people per day we are assigned in June and July! That's just for parking! I just want to encourage all of those that are in this Temple district and who have the opportunity to serve to volunteer as many times as you can! This is a huge production and might be a once in a lifetime opportunity! I also want to encourage every one to come to the open house and bring your children and your neighbors. Unlike the Draper openhouse there will not be any buses. You will be asked to park about two blocks from the Temple and walk. However, because so many people came to the Draper open house for the Oquirrh openhouse they will be checking for your reservstions and if you don't have one they will have you pull over while they check to see if there is one available. If there isn't a reservation available they will ask you to get one and come back another day! So spread the word because we don't want to turn people away!
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment